top of page
As I walk about from day to day, I see faces and places reminiscent of the road that I have traveled. Smiling faces but within their eyes, I see hurt, disappointment, pain and fear… I have always been intuitive but its super heightened when it comes to environments and energies that are all too familiar to me. I have been pretty open and candid about being systematically sexually abused by both males and females in my former years but what I never truly expounded upon is the fact that almost all of those who participated in defiling my innocence were blood-relatives. My sexual abuse had begun with dry humping, touching and oral copulation but it eventually lead to both vaginal (perpetrated by a female relative) and anal (perpetrated by 2 male relatives). There were a couple of other relatives who had expressed clear intentions and plans to sexually abuse me but thankfully, it never came to fruition… When I was going through the confusion, shame and guilt of my systematic abuse – I was determined to hold it all inside; to never tell no one! The price I was paying was my own slow suicide! I was becoming more self-hating, hopeless, depressed and disgusted with myself… So much so, that I thought about ending my life on a continuous basis… However, my core never let me go that far because I still had family who loved me unconditionally and for me, they were worth me fighting my ‘lower’ self and rising above and defeating those demons… Over the years, I have found that this wasn’t only occurring with me within my extended family structure but others relatives as well. Yes, I had learned that there were other relatives who were being sexually abused by other relatives and they too lived in shame and guilt. A couple of them have even gone through great lengths to numb themselves of their inner-demons and pains by drinking and taking drugs.
Now that I am older and wiser, I am finding that sexual abuse and molestation is not an exception within the family, it’s more like a rule (especially a large families). Make no mistake about it – everyone whose reading this post has either been sexually abused or molested by a family member OR you know someone, be they in your family, associate or friend, who has been abused, by a family member. Yet and still, this is something that many are still uncomfortable with talking about or admitting, especially in the African American community. It’s almost as if there’s an inherent code of silence when it comes to this but I have no respect for this code! I am breaking the code and encouraging anyone else, no matter what their background or ethnicity is… We must rid ourselves of the shame and guilt of this hideous manifestation. Deep dark secrets hurts us more than we realize and the ‘family’ secrets are even worse because they will only run on and live on in the DNA for generations to come! Today, I am encouraging all who hold a dark secret of being abused by a family member or knowing of a family member who was abused to BREAK the secret! Announce out loud that such secrets will no longer hold you or your loved ones in bondage! Step up and speak out and shame the defiling of the innocent, starting with yourself! IT IS NOT, NOR HAS EVER BEEN YOUR FAULT FAMILY... SO LET IT GO -- HERE AND NOW!
What is Karma? Karma is the Sanskrit word for action. It is equivalent to Newton’s law of ‘every action must have a reaction’. When we think, speak or act we initiate a force that will react accordingly. This returning force maybe modified, changed or suspended, but most people will not be able eradicate it.
This law of cause and effect is not punishment, but is wholly for the sake of education or learning.
A person may not escape the consequences of his actions, but he will suffer only if he himself has made the conditions ripe for his suffering. Ignorance of the law is no excuse whether the laws are man-made or universal.
To stop being afraid and to start being empowered in the worlds of karma and reincarnation, here is what you need to know about karmic laws.
1. THE GREAT LAW
- “As you sow, so shall you reap”. This is also known as the “Law of Cause and Effect”.
- Whatever we put out in the Universe is what comes back to us.
- If what we want is Happiness, Peace, Love, Friendship… Then we should BE Happy, Peaceful, Loving and a True Friend.
2. THE LAW OF CREATION
- Life doesn’t just HAPPEN, it requires our participation.
- We are one with the Universe, both inside and out.
- Whatever surrounds us gives us clues to our inner state.
- BE yourself, and surround yourself with what you want to have present in your Life.
3. THE LAW OF HUMILITY
- What you refuse to accept, will continue for you.
- If what we see is an enemy, or someone with a character trait that we find to be negative, then we ourselves are not focused on a higher level of existence.
4. THE LAW OF GROWTH
- “Wherever you go, there you are”.
- For us to GROW in Spirit, it is we who must change – and not the people, places or things around us.
- The only given we have in our lives is OURSELVES and that is the only factor we have control over.
- When we change who and what we are within our heart our life follows suit and changes too.
5. THE LAW OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Whenever there is something wrong in my life, there is something wrong in me.
- We mirror what surrounds us – and what surrounds us mirrors us; this is a Universal Truth.
- We must take responsibility what is in our life.
6.THE LAW OF CONNECTION
- Even if something we do seems inconsequential, it is very important that it gets done as everything in the Universe is connected.
- Each step leads to the next step, and so forth and so on.
- Someone must do the initial work to get a job done.
- Neither the first step nor the last are of greater significance,
- As they were both needed to accomplish the task.
- Past-Present-Future they are all connected…
7. THE LAW OF FOCUS
- You can not think of two things at the same time.
- When our focus is on Spiritual Values, it is impossible for us to have lower thoughts such as greed or anger.
8. THE LAW OF GIVING AND HOSPITALITY
- If you believe something to be true,then sometime in your life you will be called upon to demonstrate that particular truth.
- Here is where we put what we CLAIM that we have learned, into actual
9. PRACTICE. THE LAW OF HERE AND NOW
- Looking backward to examine what was, prevents us from being totally in the HERE AND NOW.
- Old thoughts, old patterns of behavior, old dreams…
- Prevent us from having new ones.
10. THE LAW OF CHANGE
- History repeats itself until we learn the lessons that we need to change our path.
11. THE LAW OF PATIENCE AND REWARD
- All Rewards require initial toil.
- Rewards of lasting value require patient and persistent toil.
- True joy follows doing what we’re suppose to be doing, and waiting for the reward to come in on its own time.
12. THE LAW OF SIGNIFICANCE AND INSPIRATION
- You get back from something whatever YOU have put into it.
- The true value of something is a direct result of the energy and intent that is put into it.
- Every personal contribution is also a contribution to the Whole.
- Lack luster contributions have no impact on the Whole, nor do they work to diminish it.
- Loving contributions bring life to, and inspire, the Whole.
Taken from HERE. I thought it was interesting and for those who need to learn the karma law, including me, can use it as a guideline towards growing on a spiritual level
bottom of page