Y   O  U      A  R  E        L  O  V  E  D       B  E  Y  O  N  D       M  E  A  S  U  R  E

Inpiring, encouraging, uplifting and empowering ALL who are receptive, one light at a time!

Forums & Blogs

Forum Home > Healthy Living > Police Officer: "You are weird"

ShamsLight

Good evening beautiful people,

I just had an interesting encounter with the police. After having had a busy day driving up and down to go to classes, run errands, and do other things, I decided after 8:30 p.m. that I would stop at a local restaurant, get some food and go to a spot(empty parking lot) which I like a lot because it's very quiet and serene. I got the food, drink, and sat on the floor to enjoy the beautiful evening. I usually like to take off my shirt when I'm eating. So I just had a red short(but not naked). I'm sitting there for about twenty minutes, then all of a sudden I see six police cars heading toward the empty lot with their lights beaming and turning around as if they were looking for someone. I didn't think much about it and thought that they were just doing their routine job. Then they headed toward me and all has their light pointed at me as if I was doing something abnormal. The first one gets out of his car and come toward me and say that they had received a call about a man that was half-naked in the parking lot. I chuckled! It was funny since I was the only one there and wasn't naked. They were not aggressive at all. They just looked shocked that someone would be there alone after 10:30p.m. One of them asked for my ID and registration card, and I left everything and went to my car to get it. The others were just looking around at the ground and seemed surprised that a person would sit there alone to eat food. They even asked if I were drunk and I replied no as they could see that I was sober and normal. I give them all they requested and just waited for them to see if I had any warrants out. I talked a little bit with the other officers and one of them just says: "You are weird." And suggested that I could have either gone home or a friend's place to enjoy my meal. What do you think about it? I really enjoy having a personal space and time sometimes to just sit and be alone. Sometimes I wish I could just go to a nice mountainous area and just stay there to enjoy nature and the silence, peace, serenity that flows from its midst. Is it wrong & weird to enjoy the silence that can be found in an empty lot in a city? Am I even weird? I wonder if people that see me on a daily basis also find me weird.

Thanks for reading...

--

***Clean yourself and you will clean the world***

September 21, 2016 at 11:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jah 3000

ShamsLight at September 21, 2016 at 11:38 PM

I just had an interesting encounter with the police. After having had a busy day driving up and down to go to classes, run errands, and do other things, I decided after 8:30 p.m. that I would stop at a local restaurant, get some food and go to a spot(empty parking lot) which I like a lot because it's very quiet and serene. I got the food, drink, and sat on the floor to enjoy the beautiful evening. I usually like to take off my shirt when I'm eating. So I just had a red short(but not naked). I'm sitting there for about twenty minutes, then all of a sudden I see six police cars heading toward the empty lot with their lights beaming and turning around as if they were looking for someone. I didn't think much about it and thought that they were just doing their routine job. Then they headed toward me and all has their light pointed at me as if I was doing something abnormal. The first one gets out of his car and come toward me and say that they had received a call about a man that was half-naked in the parking lot. I chuckled! It was funny since I was the only one there and wasn't naked. They were not aggressive at all. They just looked shocked that someone would be there alone after 10:30p.m. One of them asked for my ID and registration card, and I left everything and went to my car to get it. The others were just looking around at the ground and seemed surprised that a person would sit there alone to eat food. They even asked if I were drunk and I replied no as they could see that I was sober and normal. I give them all they requested and just waited for them to see if I had any warrants out. I talked a little bit with the other officers and one of them just says: "You are weird." And suggested that I could have either gone home or a friend's place to enjoy my meal. What do you think about it? I really enjoy having a personal space and time sometimes to just sit and be alone. Sometimes I wish I could just go to a nice mountainous area and just stay there to enjoy nature and the silence, peace, serenity that flows from its midst. Is it wrong & weird to enjoy the silence that can be found in an empty lot in a city? Am I even weird? I wonder if people that see me on a daily basis also find me weird.

Thanks for reading...

Its not weird to eat at a park in a quiet area in a park but I can see how somebody might think that its weird to be sitting the park at night and eating. With everything going on with cops in this country, I am glad that you got out of that situation without anything negative happening. Glad that you are ok.

--

Kidd Live-Live

September 22, 2016 at 1:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Eblen

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. We're all crazy in our own way. It's best to accept oneself for who we are. I'll tell you a little secret. Just because somebody says something does NOT make it true. Usually what people say about you or others is but an opinion. What one considers weird another consdiers normal. I have a lot of negative critics who keep trying to stop me in my tracks but I have many friends who care about me. The truth is no matter what some people will always think you're weird so there is no point in trying to please others. Just be yourself and enjoy what you love. 

September 22, 2016 at 10:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ShamsLight

@ Jah 3000 -- That's very true. I think what made tings safe was the fact that I didn't panick or run away as they were approaching the area I was sitting at. I just sat there as I was eating and watched them get out of their cars looking dazzled and smiling. 

--

September 22, 2016 at 11:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ShamsLight

@ Andrew Douglass -- I definitely wasn't worried about that statement. It even made me laugh at the whole thing. I just realized how what's totally normal to one person can seem very bizarre to another. I will definitely remain myself at all times. Thanks! 

--

September 22, 2016 at 11:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Glitza

Yes you're weird.

But weird isn't a bad thing! ;)

September 22, 2016 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AstralBooBaby
Site Owner

ShamsLight at September 21, 2016 at 11:38 PM

Thanks for reading...

I don't think you are weird... You are uniquely YOU -- expressing yourself with fluidity in this regard. The cop who stated that you are 'weird' is percieving you and your actions through highly conditioned and filtered lens, that's all. Thanks for sharing!

--

“Keep it growing and flowing”

September 22, 2016 at 11:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Danijel

Being "weird" is actually , a very good thing from my own POV . The people who see "weirdness" are usually the ones most deep in conformism and pretty much "stuck" within their own "plainly average" life . 

Ill give you an example ... Tesla . He was proclaimed very weird for his time , often even for "todays standards" . Yet he was one of the brightest minds of Humankind . Because he wasnt thinking "averagely" . He wasnt fitting into the society - he was too much in front of everyone by current thinking ( not in egoistical way , but in overall wide picture ) . 

Ofc , this doesnt mean that every person out there that is put as "weird" has immediately am advanced thinking . But the word "weird" has definetly a very RELATIVE definition . As long as someone is authentic as much as possible , and leaning as much as possible to it - I do only see that as important thing . 

--

Rise above Infinity 

We are eternal Humanity 

September 23, 2016 at 10:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ShamsLight

@ ABB & Danijel -- Thank you very much for your wisdom. :)

--

September 23, 2016 at 3:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.