Y ou   A r e     L o v e d    B e y o n d    M e a s u r e !

Inpiring, encouraging, uplifting and empowering ALL who are receptive, one light at a time!

Forums & Blogs

Forum Home > Self Empowerment > Countries I want to visit the most

Andrew Eblen

I recently made a blog post about countries I want to visit the most and I included plenty of photos. 

Here is some of what I posted. 

Recently I obtained my passport. Traveling the world is something I’ve always wanted to do and now that I am old enough to travel on my own here are a few countries I’m planning on visiting first and what I like about them.

Mongolia

A country which also goes by the name “Land of the Eternal Blue Sky” has fascinated me for sometime. Not too long ago I watched web series on Netflix entitled “Marco Polo” which I found really fascinating. The show depicted Mongolian life and culture quite vividly and it captivated my imagination about the vast steppe that occupies Mongolia. After watching “Marco Polo” I decided to do more research into the modern nation of Mongolia and what it’s like today. Today Mongolia only has a population of a little more than 3 million people however it occupies a wide area which ranges from the steppe, the desert, forests, lakes, and the capital city of Ulaanbaatar. Also Mongolia is one of the few places on earth where there are still nomads who live in a manner very similar to their ancestors from centuries ago. While Mongolia is sandwiched between China and Russia two of the world’s biggest and most important nations Mongolia is a country that is unfortunately overlooked by many. Perhaps it is a good thing though that there are few people in Mongolia so that this beautiful landscape might be preserved.

Bhutan

A land also known as “The Land of the Thunder Dragon” Bhutan like Mongolia is sandwiched between two much larger and more populated nations (China and India). While Bhutan is small is has a fascinating landscape and people. Bhutan is governed by a Monarch who is loved by his people and seen as a father to their country. The King of Bhutan believes that his country should focus on happiness first and taking care of the environment alongside having a developed economy. Bhutan is heavily forested and is the worlds ONLY carbon negative country. In other words Bhutan is the only country in the world that is actually reducing the overall pollution of the world and removing more carbon then it creates. Bhutan also ensures free college and medical care for all it’s citizens. While the country is by no means a utopia it seems like a lovely land which I would love to visit one day. Perhaps I could even have an audience with the king some day.

This video here is an excellent presentation of how Bhutan, a developing country is doing so much for their citizens and how the Bhutanese Monarchy has done so much to help their people. Again Bhutan is not a perfect nation but I think the rest of the world could learn from them.

A monastery in Bhutan. There are many monasteries throughout the nation. Bhutan is a very religious nation with almost all citizens being Buddhist and 1 per 100 residents being a monk.

The rest of my blog post can be read here on my website

http://realmofandrew.com/places-i-want-to-visit-the-most/

April 14, 2018 at 6:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Eblen

I'd appreciate it if people could leave comments on my site too 

April 14, 2018 at 6:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.