Y ou   A r e     L o v e d    B e y o n d    M e a s u r e !

Inpiring, encouraging, uplifting and empowering ALL who are receptive, one light at a time!

Forums & Blogs

Forum Home > Healthy Living > How Do You Deal With Your Mistakes?

Glitza

Hey everyone. :D

So I made a mistake.

To keep a long story short, I got angry and yelled at a close friend in public. I am a very reserved person, not prone to emotional outbursts. I control and repress my emotions. I know that's not healthy. I'm trying to change, but kinda lost at how to.

So this friend did something that we have had disagreements about in the past and this time I just really blew up. Now this friend's forgiven me, but I can't forgive myself.

So my question is how do you deal with your mistakes? I tend to harp on them for days, examining them from every angle, zoning in on every detail, and really just flogging myself. I know very well that making yourself depressed with guilt and shame is ridiculously self destructive, but that's how I learn from them.

March 8, 2018 at 11:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

lisaJ

I think I can understand a bit what you're experiencing. That uncharacteristic outburst. I think, most spiritual people do examine it a lot after - for me I even go so far as to go quite deep, trying to figure what the real root of "my" problem is. It always comes back to us, what it going on with us.

I think, afflictive emotion, always mostly hurts ourselves. Anger, and lashing out, it also puts something like a wound, or scar or almost a pain right into us. It's how we build up our own densities, and shadow stuff and what not. 

With the above in mind, like most all uncharacteristic emotions, I take some time to do some deep breathing. And a simple kind of affirmation with the breathing - "good energy in (as I breathe in), and bad energy out (as I breathe out). I would journal and lately Vlog (but I don't share the vlog, I keep it private on my computer and often erase later. Soon, I would get a bit more balanced and centered. I would even do prayer if it was a bad outburst, and ask for spirit help, to clear the "bad energy" from myself and the person who I argued with. 

I've had a lot of experiences in this, being an empath. Also I'm an Aries, so the "fire" can flare up at the most strangest times. I have had to quelch my own fire because society (and family and such) can't handle it. I try to keep calm as much as I can, but we sometimes have to let stuff out. I have found vlogging has helped me a lot, as so far, the little cell phone gadget doesn't complain back lol.

--

March 9, 2018 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Glitza

Thank you, LisaJ for sharing. I greatly appreciate hearing anothers experiences.

So much of what you said hits the head on the nail. You're so right that it always comes back to what's going on inside us. I don't meditate regularly. (I really should.) But you've just reminded me that I used to write down little journal entries when I was feeling emotionally overwhelmed, and that helped a bit.

I just need to find constructive ways to let stuff out. Since I was a child I always had a problem with keeping things inside. Old habits die hard, ha!

March 10, 2018 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AstralBooBaby
Site Owner

The first thing you should always keep in mind is that the very nature of this reality requires and even demands mistakes and errors. No one on this plane of consciousness is void of not making a mistake or misjudgement. This all comes along with the human experience. I think that you are feeling more guilty about expressing an espect of self that you are not used to showing. Women and men who are in tune with their feminine sides tend to hold onto matters in the same way but the remedy is to accept those mistakes and moments of dischord and learn from them and move on. Know that there will be more moments like this and when they do happen, take it as another opportunity to learn from and grow from there. Forgive yourself for simply being human with imperfections but KNOW that your moments of perfections can never be without the opposites. 

--

“Keep it growing and flowing”

March 11, 2018 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AstralBooBaby
Site Owner

lisaJ at March 9, 2018 at 8:09 PM

I think I can understand a bit what you're experiencing. That uncharacteristic outburst. I think, most spiritual people do examine it a lot after - for me I even go so far as to go quite deep, trying to figure what the real root of "my" problem is. It always comes back to us, what it going on with us.

I think, afflictive emotion, always mostly hurts ourselves. Anger, and lashing out, it also puts something like a wound, or scar or almost a pain right into us. It's how we build up our own densities, and shadow stuff and what not. 

With the above in mind, like most all uncharacteristic emotions, I take some time to do some deep breathing. And a simple kind of affirmation with the breathing - "good energy in (as I breathe in), and bad energy out (as I breathe out). I would journal and lately Vlog (but I don't share the vlog, I keep it private on my computer and often erase later. Soon, I would get a bit more balanced and centered. I would even do prayer if it was a bad outburst, and ask for spirit help, to clear the "bad energy" from myself and the person who I argued with. 

I've had a lot of experiences in this, being an empath. Also I'm an Aries, so the "fire" can flare up at the most strangest times. I have had to quelch my own fire because society (and family and such) can't handle it. I try to keep calm as much as I can, but we sometimes have to let stuff out. I have found vlogging has helped me a lot, as so far, the little cell phone gadget doesn't complain back lol.

Great angle Lisa! I agree! Sending you high levels of love and balanced health :)

--

“Keep it growing and flowing”

March 11, 2018 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.