Y ou   A r e     L o v e d    B e y o n d    M e a s u r e !

Inpiring, encouraging, uplifting and empowering ALL who are receptive, one light at a time!

Forums & Blogs

Forum Home > Movies & Videos > "Bright" Movie

Andrew Eblen

Last night I watched this really interesting movie entitled "Bright" starring Will Smith and Joel Edgerton. The movie has a very unqiue premise. It's modern day Los Angeles and in many ways things seem pretty normal except for one major aspect. In this world humans live alongside Orcs, Elves, and Fairies. Our main characters are Daryl Ward (Will Smith) a Los Angeles cop who is paired with Nick Jakoby (Joel Edgerton) the first orc to serve in the police force. Nick Jakoby endures much prejudice for being an orc and many people despise orcs due to them being percieved as inferior along with having served a dark lord in attempt to conquer the world 2,000 years ago. Due to the mistakes of their ancestors everyone has been hating orcs to the present day. 

Without giving too much away it's a really facinating premise having fantasy type creatures in a modern setting. The movie is sort of a mixture of Lord of the Rings and Lethal Weapon. It's a strange combination but I thought it was interesting putting two completely different genres together. Seeing orcs and elves living alongside humans in modern day L.A. is a pretty interesting setting. Also the movie is apparently supposed to have a sequal so I'm definitely excited to see where it goes. I personally give the movie 7.5 out of 10. I definitely would reccomend seeing it. There is a decent amount of violence and strong language in the movie so just know that if you end up seeing it. Still I really liked it and definitely think others should check it out. 

January 23, 2018 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Eblen

Here is the trailer for Bright 

https://youtu.be/6EZCBSsBxko

January 23, 2018 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lisaJ

Oh yeah! I saw this movie. I found it good. I like to see fantasy movies.

--

January 23, 2018 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yes I liked this much movie a lot. At first I thought it was a show. Really cool movie imo
January 23, 2018 at 9:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KingLouisXIV

i thought this was a really cool movie, i liked how the feds were quick to keep magic a secret from the majority of the population, in that aspect it mirrors real life. i thought i read that they were going to make a second movie, i could be wrong though.

--

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple

January 29, 2018 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AstralBooBaby
Site Owner

My nephews showed this movie to me and let me tell you - I really enjoyed it. I recommend that everyone watch because it's fiull of gems!

--

“Keep it growing and flowing”

January 30, 2018 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zena Faye

Andrew Eblen at January 23, 2018 at 5:40 PM

Last night I watched this really interesting movie entitled "Bright" starring Will Smith and Joel Edgerton. The movie has a very unqiue premise. It's modern day Los Angeles and in many ways things seem pretty normal except for one major aspect. In this world humans live alongside Orcs, Elves, and Fairies. Our main characters are Daryl Ward (Will Smith) a Los Angeles cop who is paired with Nick Jakoby (Joel Edgerton) the first orc to serve in the police force. Nick Jakoby endures much prejudice for being an orc and many people despise orcs due to them being percieved as inferior along with having served a dark lord in attempt to conquer the world 2,000 years ago. Due to the mistakes of their ancestors everyone has been hating orcs to the present day. 

Without giving too much away it's a really facinating premise having fantasy type creatures in a modern setting. The movie is sort of a mixture of Lord of the Rings and Lethal Weapon. It's a strange combination but I thought it was interesting putting two completely different genres together. Seeing orcs and elves living alongside humans in modern day L.A. is a pretty interesting setting. Also the movie is apparently supposed to have a sequal so I'm definitely excited to see where it goes. I personally give the movie 7.5 out of 10. I definitely would reccomend seeing it. There is a decent amount of violence and strong language in the movie so just know that if you end up seeing it. Still I really liked it and definitely think others should check it out. 

I saw it and I loved it. Aren't they supposed to be making this a series?

--

Hiyah! 

January 31, 2018 at 9:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Eblen

@Zena 

Well they've confirmed a sequal due to it being the highest viewed Netflix original ever. Perhaps they will make a series some day based in the movie's universe though. That would be really cool. 

January 31, 2018 at 9:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.