Y ou   A r e     L o v e d    B e y o n d    M e a s u r e !

Inpiring, encouraging, uplifting and empowering ALL who are receptive, one light at a time!

Forums & Blogs

Forum Home > Other Discussion > tourette syndrome

Apple

my whole life Ive had tourettes but as a child it wasnt as pronounced so my family never took notice. My little brother also has tourettes but his was more intense in how he reacted. Eventually he went to psychiatrist and eventually it seemed to have helped greatly from what it was before. Luckily I dont see his tourettes as intense as they once were but I feel there is something else there that might have been a derivative from it. Though, as ive been growing up ive noticed my tourettes have been getting stronger when it comes to jerking my neck,blinking my eyes alot,making strange noises certain number of times, and brain imagery in certain patterns, touching things in specific numbers. it really bothers me and its more intense in some days, luckily right now its not as bad. I try to hide it in public as much as I can and from my family. suprisingly I can control it pretty well at times but I dont know how my tourettes has strengthened as im becoming an adult. I dont know if this is just pure genetics or if its something with whatever spiritual phenomenon is going on with this world

Id like to hear your yalls perspective if you think there is a spiritual aspect to this i need to fix or some sort

December 28, 2017 at 4:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Apple

Strangely writing this is making it react all weird lol

December 28, 2017 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lisaJ

Awe, wish I would have seen this post earlier, but it's only a few days. Slow site now a days. But, I wish I could help with it. I have not met a lot of people who have that syndrome. Sadly, it is something I have only witnessed in strangers. I always had a compassion for that, as I am an empath, and can sense the frustration in persons I have witnessed. I imagine, that the frustration about the syndrome will also add more discomfort about it. 

Certainly, some spiritual practices will help with it. I am raising a daughter who's now 14 and has high functioning autism, but not so much with her but with her classmates (who are mostly boys), she does talk about stimming and how it is actually a self comforting way that autistics do, especially when they are agitated or nervous. So, though that is different then Tourette's syndrome, it has perhaps the same "social" issues in it. I have worked a lot with my daughter, again based on my empathy abiltiy, to get her to talk out her issues, and then also leave her to her alone time too, it's a balance, that has so far seemed to help her (very trying time for her in gr 9 at school). She draws and sketches a lot, it's her personal venting and therapy she enjoys. She can focus on that and forget the world, it's very helpful to her.

I don't think those syndromes and people's various issues are the problem, I think it's society as a whole that needs to change. People shouldn't be judged for the various ailments and issues we have, we all are not perfect, and all people should be accepting and non judgemental. 

I hope you will find some spiritual practices that will help you. Keep seeking and searching for ideas in Google or Ytube. May be there's some FB pages, that are good for support and information. By connecting with others in similar shoes, it might help in the long run. I am hopeful my daughter will be able to do the same, given her challenges with her condition. 

--

December 31, 2017 at 11:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Apple

There are times were I can help it. but there are some times it gets the better of me and it is almost insanity when I am forced to relive things and do things in regards to my tourettes. I notice the best I can do is unconciously not think about it or talk about it. that is why I never told my family and friends,until after so long. I dont want them to be aware cause i feel it strengthens it. I actually ment to write this months back but I ended up deleting the whole post shortly after but my tourettes was strengthening itself even though I do the aformentioned of not thinking of it. Ive been going through alot of stress and I believe its making it come out more, but im not sure if it also maybe cause of the spiritual shift or whatever this thing is called. Im getting the necks jerks and mumbling more similair to how my brother had it when he was little I really want to make sure he does not see me like this, I dont want it to trigger  it back in him if it is possible I dont want to risk this. 

I am wanting to try to meditate more if it may help calm the tourettes but I feel its alot harder to quiet the mind when it keeps thoughts  coming and repeating over and over and over. Recently and even in general I cant relax to do this fully in my house do to a recent occurence and alot of the reason I want to cure and control my tourettes is so my brother doesnt have to see me like this, but  unfortunetly something recent happend to him and he has been in bed all day . I hope he gets better from this issue ' which is kind of hard to get into'. Me and my brother is just like any other brother we show are brotherly love to eachother but due to us being males and what not it is hard to show are true feeling to eachother. And I definetly dont want to have him struggle and  go through what I am going through all over again. It is the least I can do.

January 1, 2018 at 11:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.