Y ou   A r e     L o v e d    B e y o n d    M e a s u r e !

Inpiring, encouraging, uplifting and empowering ALL who are receptive, one light at a time!

Forums & Blogs

Forum Home > Our Reality > The Mandela Effect

Andrew Eblen

Have you ever thought something happened and it turns out it didn't happen? If so you probably thought you were crazy at first. While in the field of Psychology it is a fact that false memories, however this does not acutely explain entire groupes of people having a memory of something that never happened (at least supposedly). This phenomenon has been Christened "The Mandela Effect" as the first well known case of this was multiple people claiming they remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison many years ago. 

Here is one such example of the story 

I remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison. The problem is that I either just knew he did (like it was common knowledge), or it happened at a different time for me. I was born in 1985, so I couldn’t have a memory from the early 80s. I think it must have been that it was at a different time, because I remember events after he died… like a really big Oprah episode, concerts in his memory, celebrities ALL wearing his prison numbers, etc.

My experience was that on a regular day, my mom and I were doing separate things with the TV on in the background. I think I was on my laptop and my mom may have also been on hers or reading a book. I believe CNN was the channel the TV was on. Nelson Mandela was mentioned as doing something, which caught both of our ears, I guess, because we both looked up and Nelson Mandela was there… walking around, present day. My mom and I both looked at each other, wide eyed and pale. I was like, “Isn’t he dead? I remember him dying….” And she said YES, and we were both discussing how on earth he was alive and no one else was shocked. We BOTH remembered the Oprah show, we BOTH remembered a specific concert that was live and shown on multiple channels… we both remembered that he died years ago in prison.

I’m amazed that so many other people have this memory. We couldn’t have all slipped into another dimension and remember it. There must be something more logical at work… like he did die, and the forces at work just expected us to not say anything? I have no idea what the explanation is, but I know he died. You could give me a polygraph and I would pass.

There are several other examples of this phenomenon. I earnestly always wondered why my memory would not exactly align with the current state of the world. Now it's true mine an the memories of others could easily be false memories in certain cases. Such as with the "Berenstein" vs "Barenstain" case. People easily could be thinking they saw it as an "e" instead of an "a" still other cases seem hard to dissmiss. For example there is this case where many people including myself remember a protrait of King Henry VIII of England eating a Turkey leg. I feel very strongly that I saw such a portrait when I was younger although I can't find it anywhere now. Another event I feel like I remember was being being killed very graphically at Tinanmen Square. I used to assume that the famous man who stood up to the tanks was killed and violence occured with the tragic deaths of many but nothing happened at least not in this timeline. 

There are countless more examples of this occurance being talked about. I get the feeling it's been going on for a while but it's only being talked about now because so many fear of being labeled as psychologically infirm. I can completely understand why people would feel this way. I never spoke of this subject matter to anyone at all because it seemed to fringe and odd to be true even by my standards. Truthfully I should have come to this realization that it is very possible for people's memories to not exactly be inline with what is going on in the world. In conclusion there is definitely something afoot and I plan on finding the exact truth of this matter. 

June 7, 2016 at 11:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

lisaJ

I wonder if it's a trigger of sorts for many of us. By us getting to focus in on things that change, and things that are just too obvious and coincidental (all the stuff that conspiracy theorists like to talk about), kind of makes me think that a shake up is happening to further wake people up. I mean, just consider the movies such like people like Tom Cruise do, or, I'm trying to think of one or more examples. Oh perfect example, the Matrix. How Neo kept getting to see the programs change, based on what Morpheus showed, and also the cop guys. IMHO it may be some trigger for the most astute to see things change and at least notice it. The tricky part is what to do or what will happen next? I mean, indeed, we can go off like lunatics to notice things change and then speak about it. But if more and more notice then speak, well, I imagine a whole bunch of 100's of monkey's syndromes going on.

--

June 7, 2016 at 12:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lifeloveandthecosmos

This is so interesting! I wonder if you both just aligned to a different reality, it would make sense if you were energetically linked and close in geography to have this experience... I really have no heard of this before but its fascinating. Please share any info you might find on it!!!

June 8, 2016 at 6:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Danijel

Yep - this is definetly not any coincidence when many people feel it ... and is a glitch within the matrix , potential sign of messing with timelines . Similar to what I felt for M.Ali ... and I think these similar occurences will intensify ...

--

Rise above Infinity 

We are eternal Humanity 

June 10, 2016 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Randus Phillips (Randy)

I've noticed it with song lyrics, TV show titles and popular business stores.

--

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." - Albert Einstein

June 12, 2016 at 2:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Eblen

June 21, 2016 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

artheart

In the country I was born in it was very isolated from this culture you're talking about but we had a similar effect with people who are from that country who are famous. So there's this singer who sings Rap and someone at some school started a rumor that he had died, and country wide everyone had thought he was dead for the longest time until he reappearead. I think this is a phenomena on how word travels really fast. I know that (maybe I am being too egotistical) I've started some phrases that I've told people who are quick to spread these words and then three four years later I could see it on TV, or when I had an idea for a story and I told someone and three four years later it was a movie. I think we underestimate the effect one sentence can have on the world. We see so many things that started with someone making a blog post and then MAJOR companies changing their entire POLICIES to be able to cater to these people who agree with this. Words have SO MUCH power.

June 21, 2016 at 6:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

aevong
The Berenstain Bears one freaked me out at first because I can recall being in elementary school and priding myself for being and to spell "Berenstein" correctly. Not only that but I used to own multiple Berenstein Bears books and I always remembered them being spelled with ei instead of ai
--

October 19, 2016 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lisaJ

aevong at October 19, 2016 at 1:29 PM

The Berenstain Bears one freaked me out at first because I can recall being in elementary school and priding myself for being and to spell "Berenstein" correctly. Not only that but I used to own multiple Berenstein Bears books and I always remembered them being spelled with ei instead of ai

Omg, that is right and true! It was Berenstein bears. Now it's changed!

--

October 20, 2016 at 4:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hello

lisaJ at October 20, 2016 at 4:44 AM

aevong at October 19, 2016 at 1:29 PM

Omg, that is right and true! It was Berenstein bears. Now it's changed!

That one got me too! I don't care what anyone says, I have always remembered it to be Berenstein, not -satin. Everyone I have shown this to also remember it being -stein. And I'm tired of hearing people say "Well the reason why you all are experiencing this is because your so accustomed to seeing names like Einstein or Weinstein." No, I distinctly remember it being spelled a certain way, no amount of "logic" can convince me otherwise. Just my thoughts though.

October 20, 2016 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lisaJ

I coulda swore Fidel Castro died many years ago, but apparently he died yesterday at age 90 (and after 10 years of ailing health). 

--

November 26, 2016 at 9:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Reigna

lisaJ at November 26, 2016 at 9:29 AM

I coulda swore Fidel Castro died many years ago, but apparently he died yesterday at age 90 (and after 10 years of ailing health). 

I swear he died at least 20 years ago in the late 80s or early 90s in violence. I vaguely remember he was killed in war (the US or Russians?). I was like, "he died again?" So goes the Mandela Effect. smh.
November 28, 2016 at 3:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Eblen

I and many others say Mikhail Gorbachev the last Soviet leader already died years ago. I could have sworn it was on the news back in 2005. 
November 28, 2016 at 11:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AstralBooBaby
Site Owner

This Mandela effect will be the focus of this December's featured article.

--

“Keep it growing and flowing”

November 28, 2016 at 1:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AstralBooBaby
Site Owner

This Mandela effect will be the focus of this December's featured article.

--

“Keep it growing and flowing”

November 28, 2016 at 1:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ebbur

im pretty sure Fidel Castro been dead for deacades  a lot of fameuos people who died decades ago seem to now to have died recently im not sure if this is a good or a bad thing?

November 29, 2016 at 7:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lisaJ

Andrew Eblen at November 28, 2016 at 11:24 AM

I and many others say Mikhail Gorbachev the last Soviet leader already died years ago. I could have sworn it was on the news back in 2005. 

Indeed, I remember him "dying" a while back. It's getting stranger by the day so it seems.:/

--

November 30, 2016 at 12:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hello

lisaJ at November 26, 2016 at 9:29 AM

Count me, and a few others I know, in on this one. I have a faint memory as well...some say that we are confusing the "passing of power" from him to Raul Castro several years back. But if so many of us have a faint memory of him passing, I think it's safe to consider that the Mandela Effect could be at work here.

November 30, 2016 at 12:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Napoleon

Does anyone remember the nation of Mongolia being occupied by China? I know in this timeline Mongolia gained independence. There is also a region of China entitled Inner Mongolia in this timeline. So part of the Mongol lands became their own country whereas as a kid I remember it was all part of China. 

December 7, 2016 at 12:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

lisaJ

I'm sorry, but Mickey Mouse was drawn before with suspenders on his pants, but now, he has only a dark shirt and shorts lol. Wow, that's a change in an iconic figure.

Come on ^^^ what holds up his pants?! I used to practice drawing this character in my youth, and learned (it's easy) suspenders drawing because of him lol.

--

December 7, 2016 at 9:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.