You   Are   Loved   Beyond   Measure!

Inpiring, encouraging, uplifting and empowering ALL who are receptive, one light at a time!

Forums & Blogs

Forum Home > Movies & Videos > Film Thread

Andrew Douglas

I realized that some of my other topical threads have done very well such as my music thread and especially my "Dreams Thread.' I'm making another thread here to talk about movies we like. I myself am a huge film buff and love a wide array of movies. I'm pretty big on Science Fiction and Fantasy films like The Matrix, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings. I also really like historical based films that show another time period and how the people of that time lived.

This thread will be so we can share our favorite films and films we just like in general. This can help create diologue among members and we can learn about films with great meaning, interesting themes, or just mere enjoyment. I'll start off with some recent films I've seen that I really like. 

The Legend of 1900 

This movie tells the story of a man who was born on a ship at the turn of the centuary and is named Danny Boodmann T.D. Lemon Nineteen Hundred 'or simply 1900 in commemoration of being born at the turn of the centuary. In this film we get to a really facinating character who lives on the ocean liner he was born on his entire life. His unique experience garners an interesting perspective on life. Also he becomes a grand pianist with much talent to please his fellow passengers. This movie is a tale of friendship, music, and all around a good taste of the time period. 

Jermiah Johnson

This film tells the story of a man named Jermiah Johnson a Mexican War Veteran who wishes to get away from society and live a life in the mountains out West. While the life is difficult and his journey is rough it's a real blas to see our protagonist make his way through the mountains. I personally really like this movie because I love the idea of being away from it all and I've always wanted to go out West. This movie features enjoyable characters and stunning landscapes for all to enjoy. 

October 30, 2015 at 12:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kubbyk
I love Coming To America. That movie has been my favorite since I was a small girl. It reminds me if so many beautiful happy memories of watching with my family. Tucked between my parents with my baby brother, all of us laughing and dancing together. Me imagining being a princess and getting to wear a giant wedding dress. It's an awesome movie, I never get tired of it.
October 31, 2015 at 4:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sinorona
The Matrix. The Animatrix. Contact. K-PAX. Into the Wild. The Terminator. Judgement Day. What dreams may come. Vanilla Sky. Waking Life. They Live. Cloud Atlas. I Origins. Oblivion. Lucy. The Butterfly Effect. Donni Darko. Inception. Final Fantasy: Spirits Within. Samsara. Twelve Monkeys. The 5th Element. I, Robot. Jupiter Rising. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Princess Monokoke. Akira. Spirited Away. Groundhog Day. ....just some i could pick out of my memory that i thought had real substance.
--

Follow your creed.

October 31, 2015 at 7:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lisaJ

My favorites are (long time) Harry Potter movies (never read the books), The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I watch them over and over. Seeing characters develop in strength and commeraderie is enjoyable to me (sorely seems lacking in real life).

Others I like - Bridget Jones's Diary, The first 3 Prophecy movies, Amal, first 3 Star wars movies, Maleficent, Mulan, Avatar, . Lately getting into the Hunger Games. I like female heroin movies - La Feme Nikita, the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo movies for example.

--

October 31, 2015 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Douglas

I've seen nearly all the movies you mentioned Sinorona! Good choices!!! 

November 4, 2015 at 12:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Douglas

Pleasentville is a great film! It stars Tobey McGuire and Reese Witherspoon. Two teenagers growing up in the 90's experience something quite facinating. They end up within a tv show entitled "Pleasentville." A plave where everything is clean, orderly, and complacement. Our protagonists gradually over time influence this world and change it and it's inhabitents. 

March 29, 2016 at 12:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SheOnAnotherLevel

I love a lot of different movies but I got to say that the Matrix, The Color Purple and too many comedy shows to list but I think Air Plane.

--

Zenith Femininity

April 5, 2016 at 7:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SheOnAnotherLevel

--

Zenith Femininity

April 5, 2016 at 7:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SheOnAnotherLevel

I like a lot of old movies too

--

Zenith Femininity

April 5, 2016 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Douglas

Amadeus is a favorite of mine! I'm an avid fan of classical music and to see a film which shows a profound individual and his amazing genius. This film is a wonderful tribute to Mozart who gave civilization some of the greatest music known to human beings on this earth. The acting is all very well done and it's a great movie that gives one a peep into the past. 

May 12, 2016 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Douglas

I've always really liked animated movies myself. I've always enjoyed Disney and Dreamworks films among many other animated films. I've always really liked the Don Bluth films. They had a certain appeal to them.

The Secret of NIMH is a really good movie if you haven't seen it it's a good film about the conflict between man, technology, and the unknown. 

Anastasia is another good Don Bluth film. It tells the story of a lost Russian princess who find out who she is and discovers herself. The songs in this movie are also really good. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxcLV58mbOY

September 1, 2016 at 11:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AstralBooBaby
Site Owner

Andrew Douglas at October 30, 2015 at 12:02 AM

I realized that some of my other topical threads have done very well such as my music thread and especially my "Dreams Thread.' I'm making another thread here to talk about movies we like. I myself am a huge film buff and love a wide array of movies. I'm pretty big on Science Fiction and Fantasy films like The Matrix, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings. I also really like historical based films that show another time period and how the people of that time lived.

This thread will be so we can share our favorite films and films we just like in general. This can help create diologue among members and we can learn about films with great meaning, interesting themes, or just mere enjoyment. I'll start off with some recent films I've seen that I really like. 

The Legend of 1900 

This movie tells the story of a man who was born on a ship at the turn of the centuary and is named Danny Boodmann T.D. Lemon Nineteen Hundred 'or simply 1900 in commemoration of being born at the turn of the centuary. In this film we get to a really facinating character who lives on the ocean liner he was born on his entire life. His unique experience garners an interesting perspective on life. Also he becomes a grand pianist with much talent to please his fellow passengers. This movie is a tale of friendship, music, and all around a good taste of the time period. 

Jermiah Johnson

This film tells the story of a man named Jermiah Johnson a Mexican War Veteran who wishes to get away from society and live a life in the mountains out West. While the life is difficult and his journey is rough it's a real blas to see our protagonist make his way through the mountains. I personally really like this movie because I love the idea of being away from it all and I've always wanted to go out West. This movie features enjoyable characters and stunning landscapes for all to enjoy. 

You sold me with this one!

--

“Keep it growing and flowing”

September 5, 2016 at 12:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AstralBooBaby
Site Owner

SheOnAnotherLevel at April 5, 2016 at 7:34 PM

You have listed 3 of my all time favorite movies! Then again, we do have similar taste in these things, lol.

--

“Keep it growing and flowing”

September 5, 2016 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Douglas

This week I watched an old science fiction film entitled Westworld with Yule Brynner. I really enjoyed it personally. It's about this futuristic theme park where people go to these parks that are themes like historical places. The characters there are played by artificial machines. Imagine the Matrix meets CLint Eastwood and Jurassic Park 
November 4, 2016 at 11:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Douglas

The Last Samurai featuring Tom Cruise and Ken Watanabe is an amazing film where an old civil wr veteran named Ethan Algren (Tom Cruise) is disillusioned with his life in America being a washed man trying to re live "The glory days" which really were not that glorious. Algren is hired by the Japanese government to fight a rebellion although after being captured by the force that he sought to destroy his worldview changes and he learns about the way of the samurai as well as more about himself. It's a fantastic movie that shows the clash of the old ways and the news and has a "Lawrence of Arabia" type story. The Last Samurai is an underated classic that shows the beauty of traditional Japanese culture as well as the humanity of the people and their struggle against modernization. 

December 12, 2016 at 10:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cosmonaut102

I love Star Wars and LOTR/Hobbit movies.

--

- Pete

December 15, 2016 at 12:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Douglas

The Warcraft movie is pretty awesome. A treat for any fantasy fans. 
April 21, 2017 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

findingtheway

Andrew Douglas at April 21, 2017 at 1:34 PM

The Warcraft movie is pretty awesome. A treat for any fantasy fans. 

Just watched it. Really good movie. I want to watch more. Sequal

--

Make the world a better place

April 21, 2017 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Douglas

@findingtheway

From what I last heard Director Duncan Jones and all the main cast members said they are up for a sequal. They just have to get the okay from the studio now whichjj considering it did great at the global box office they should get the sequal. 

April 27, 2017 at 10:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

findingtheway

i would love a sequal. It was a great quality movie and crazy story. Set it up for a sequal.

--

Make the world a better place

April 28, 2017 at 10:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.